Polysaccharides and oligosaccharides are complex form of carbohydrates. Typically, oligosaccharides include 3-10 molecules of monosaccharides. Polysaccharides are generally heterogeneous that are either water insoluble or amorphous. Oligosaccharides and polysaccharides are used in different applications across various end use industries. This report, published by Fact.MR, provides in-depth analysis of the global polysaccharides and oligosaccharides market for the forecast period 2017-2026, and offers key insights about future market direction.
According to Fact.MR, the global market for polysaccharides and oligosaccharides is projected to expand at a CAGR of 4.2% with respect to volume, throughout the period of assessment, 2017-2026. Also, according to this fact based research report, the polysaccharides and oligosaccharides market is estimated to reach a valuation of above US$ 18 Bn by the end of the year of assessment, growing at a moderate rate during the said period.
Request Sample Here:
What are the Challenges Deterring the Growth of Polysaccharides and Oligosaccharides Market?
- Although the polysaccharides and oligosaccharides market is projected to witness a steady growth in the coming years, lack of understanding of biosynthesis of polysaccharides and their extraction processes for high functionality may pose as a potential threat to market growth.
- While polysaccharides and oligosaccharides additives are used as emulsifiers, gelling agents, and thickeners to create structure in food products, it is still a challenge to produce low calorie and low fat products. This may impede their adoption and eventually hamper the growth of polysaccharides and oligosaccharides market.
Asia Pacific Excluding Japan to Surpass Other Regions With Respect to Growth Rate and Market Share During the Forecast Period
Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ) region is expected to be a highly lucrative region for the growth of polysaccharides and oligosaccharides market. The consumption of polysaccharides and oligosaccharides is expected to grow in this region owing to increased demand from the food sector in various applications. The polysaccharides and oligosaccharides market in APEJ is estimated to reach a valuation a little under US$ 9 Bn by the end of the year of assessment from a value of about US$ 5 Bn in 2017. The market in this region is projected to grow at the highest pace throughout the period of forecast to register a relatively high value CAGR.
Polysaccharides and Oligosaccharides Market – Key Insights
- Global polysaccharides and oligosaccharides market grew at a moderate CAGR of 3.4% during 2012-2016, owing to rising application in bakery & confectionery, functional beverages, infant formula, and animal feed products.
- In 2018, the global polysaccharides and oligosaccharides market surpassed a value of US$ 12.2 billion, and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 4.8% during the period between 2017 and 2026.
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ) will continue to retain its leading position in the polysaccharides and oligosaccharide market. Expansion of food and agriculture industries in the region is expected to create opportunities for stakeholders.
- APEJ is also likely to be the most attractive region for polysaccharides and oligosaccharide market, growing at the highest CAGR of 5.7% during 2017-2026.
With respect to product type, polysaccharides segment is the largest and is valued to be around US$ 6 Bn in 2017 and is anticipated to expand to reach a high valuation by end of 2026. On the contrary, the oligosaccharides segment is projected to expand at a higher value CAGR during the assessment period.
With respect to application, polysaccharides and oligosaccharides are expected to witness increasing demand from the animal feed sector. Moreover, the infant formula segment is also projected to contribute significantly to the growth of the global market and is the second fastest growing segment. However, the beverages segment is expected to show higher market strength and valuation by the end of the year of assessment. the bakery and confectionery and savory and snacks segments are poised to grow at the same rate during the period of forecast.
Leading producers of polysaccharides and oligosaccharides have been profiled in this research report, that include companies like Novozyme, Takasago, Chr Hansen, Senseint, Wild Flavors, Symrise, Glanbia Ingredients, IFF, Tate & Lyle, Firemenich, McComick, ABF, DSM, Givuandan and Dupont. Details of these key players such as company overview, key financials, key personnel, expansion plans and geographical spread, product portfolio, developments and innovations and key strategies is covered in this research study.
For More Information Raise Enquiry Here: