On Friday afternoon at 1.30 pm, there was a shooting in downtown Vienna. According to the “Kurier”, a stranger fired five shots in front of the trendy restaurant “Figlmüller”. A man died at the scene, another man was seriously injured, confirms the Vienna police.
As the Serbian newspaper “Blic” reports, the dead man is the Montenegrin Vladimir R (31). This should have been a member of the Kava clan and have served a prison sentence for document fraud. He was released on 8 December. The seriously injured man is said to be the 22-year-old Stefan V. * from Nikšić in Montenegro.
The police have clarified the identities of the dead and the injured, but do not want to announce them due to ongoing investigations. The forces suspect that it is a “targeted crime”. An “attack” could be ruled out.
Several people were provisionally arrested by the police. “Kurier” showed a video on which a man was taken away by the police. The suspect is still on the run, informs the police on Twitter. The identities of the suspect, the two victims and the circumstances of the murder were initially unclear.
An eyewitness explains that he heard six to seven shots. “At first we thought that they were Silversterknaller,” says a passerby to the “courier”. In the shops around the crime scene panic broke out, customers had hidden according to statements of employees behind the coffers.
There is no danger to uninvolved people in the city, tweets the police. The area around the crime scene was first closed off over a large area. Policemen were posted in helmets and bullet-proof vests. Also, a police helicopter was in use.
According to the manager of “Figlmuller”, the three men had previously eaten together in the restaurant. They were completely unobtrusive. After leaving the restaurant it came then to the shots.
A Lithuanian journalist witnessed the bloody deed as a witness. According to his statements, the men were shot in one go. The offender had in a Slavic language «brother! Brother! ” The Lithuanian journalist suspected the “Bosnian mafia” behind the crime.
In the meantime, the police have lifted the blocking of Wollzeile, Bäckerstrasse and Lugeck. Only the passage at Wollzeile 5 remains closed due to ongoing crime scene work.
Having Knack for precision, I take a meticulous approach to find informative pieces of news across industries such as technology, ICT, healthcare and F&B to name a few. Follow me to catch the latest trend.